LEARN MORE ABOUT CARD PRINTERS
The Printer You Choose Can Increase Your Card Durability
Exposure to different weather conditions or frequent swiping can damage and shorten the lifespan of an ID badge. To increase their durability, we offer PVC printer models with a lamination option
. This adds an extra layer of protection to your identification card.
Organizations printing a medium or large number of cards on a regular basis require top-performing machines. Here is where a high-volume badge printer comes into play. You can choose among models of famous brands
• HID Fargo
If you are working in high-security environments, visual authentication and issuing secure smart cards are must-haves. Certain ID badge maker versions, such as Magicard printers, come with built-in visual security making it possible to distinguish different departments with a separate holographic design. If you prefer custom holographic laminate ribbons for an additional layer of security, the card printer machine Zebra ZXP Series 9 is the way to go.
How to Find the Best ID Card Printer for Your Needs
Before you decide on an ID card printer, you should ask yourself the following:
• Which type of cards do you want to print?
• Which card formats do you want to print?
• How detailed do you need your ID cards to be?
• Do you need data storage on your card?
• How long should your ID cards last?
• Do you want to laminate your ID card?
• Do you want to print a hologram?
After determining what you need, you have to do some research and pay attention to card printer specifications, e.g. speed & performance, capacity, software, and connectivity. Check out our blog post for more details about how to choose the best ID card printer.
3 Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing an ID Card Printer
1. Don’t buy a badge printer based on the price alone. There is no denying that budget is important, however, make sure you buy an identification card printer that will fulfill your job requirements. Even if it means spending a bit more.
2. Don’t only consider your current printing needs. Ask yourself what your company is planning to do in the future. If you know you’ll be expanding your card functionality, acquire a card printer that can be upgraded.
3. Don’t buy an ID Card Printer that can’t handle your security needs. If your organization has to follow high-security standards, invest in a specialized card printer that will protect your data and hardware.
First-Class Printer Supplies for Impeccable Printing Results
Every machine needs good maintenance and high-quality supplies. An ID card printer is no exception. To give you a better overview, here is a list of available printer supplies from our shop:
Ribbon Shredder: The SMART-BIT printer ribbon shredder takes your used printer ribbons and slices them up into thin, confetti-like strips, making them completely useless to scammers and counterfeiters.
Ribbons: We offer dozens of different printer ribbons for several ID card printer models, including single-color ribbons, full-color ribbons, ribbons with fluorescent panels, and more.
Ink: We carry a variety of ink cartridges for several inkjet PVC card printer brands, including color, black, high-capacity ink cartridges, and more.