Based on appearance, a “smart” card looks like any other identification card. However, there’s more beneath the surface: each of IDenticard’s smart cards contains internal technology that allows the card to be used for contactless access and data purposes. Smart cards and accessories contain MIFARE® product technology chips that interact with designated card readers to perform a variety of functions, including opening doors and processing payments.
Smart cards are able to be customized with photos and titles like standard ID cards, but go above and beyond those cards when it comes to gathering data and tracking use. Integrate your smart card with an access control system or biometric reader for additional security, or let your employees leave their wallets at home by using a smart ID badge for payments in the cafeteria.
As a security company, IDenticard recommends pairing a smart card with a shielded badge holder. These holders contain a thin layer of metal and are designed to protect smart cards from unauthorized data and identity theft known as “skimming.”
IDentiSMART: Smart technology with convenient inkjet customization
IDentiSMART cards are inkjet printable smart cards. Made of synthetic paper, laboratory tests show that IDentiSMART cards are both more durable and more resistant to fading than PVC cards. Inkjet printers allow for higher-resolution images and double-sided printing can be done in a single pass, saving time. IDentiSMART cards are available blank or factory printed using our Premium Badging Service: simply add in your photo, text or other variable data, print, laminate and go!
- IDentiSMART cards are available in three sizes: 2-1/8″ x 3-3/8″, 3-1/4″ x 2-5/16” and 2-5/8″ x 3-7/8″.
- Typical uses for IDentiSMART cards include access control, customer loyalty and data tracking.
- IDenticard’s full suite of factory-printed security options is available, making it extremely difficult for your card to be counterfeited.
OmniSMART: Smart technology protected under a durable laminate
OmniSMART cards are an affordable option for those seeking durable smart card that can be customized using a PVC printer. Protected by 10 mils of laminate, OmniSMART cards will resist wear or scratching. OmniSMART cards are available blank or custom printed using our Premium Badging Service.
- OmniSMART cards measure 2-1/8″ x 3-3/8″.
- MIFARE product technology makes these cards ideal for security management and other data-gathering applications.
- IDenticard’s full suite of factory-printed security options is available, including IDentiGUARD holographic stamping.
Compare smart card solutions
|Size||2-1/8" x 3-3/8"||2-1/8" x 3-3/8"
3-1/4" x 2-5/16"
2-5/8" x 3-7/8"
|Material||Laminated synthetic paper||Synthetic paper|
|Factory printing available?|
|Printer for customization||PVC||Inkjet|
|Security features available?|
Smart discs and keys
These convenient accessories give you the features of a smart card without the need to issue new employee badges. Simply attach the accessory to a key ring or stick it to an existing card for an easy-to-use smart solution.
- SMART discs are small, adhesive discs slightly larger than a quarter that can be attached to a badge or card to give it “smart” properties. The disc’s strong adhesive ensures that it won’t slip off. SMART discs have the IDenticard logo printed on the front, but can be custom printed to feature your logo or other graphics.
- SMART keys measure 1-¼” x 2” and feature a convenient slot that allows for easy attachment to a key ring. This smart key can also be attached to a lanyard, strap clip or badge reel for convenient use. SMART keys are laminated for additional durability and can be customized to feature your logo or other graphics.
There is a lot to learn about smart cards in order take full advantage of their features. identicard has sales associates across the united states and canada who are experts various applications. our will work with you create perfect solution for your organization.
MIFARE is a registered Trademark of NXP B. V.