The Fargo® DTC5500LMX is the latest high-end ID card printer from HID®. Designed to be fast, efficient and easy to use, the DTC5500LMX is the perfect ID card printer for colleges, government offices and other large-scale badging programs.
The DTC5500LMX uses direct-to-card resin thermal transfer printing to create images and text of the highest quality on CR80/credit card-sized (2.13” x 3.38”) ID cards. With a print resolution of 300 dpi, your logos and employee photos will truly stand out.
The DTC5500LMX is a scalable solution, able to grow as your needs grow. Don't need magnetic stripe encoding right now? Add it down the line. Planned on printing standard PVC cards, but now looking for a smarter solution? Add a contact smart card encoder.
Unlike other card printers in its price range, dual-sided lamination is standard on each model of the DTC5500LMX. Instead of choosing between single- and dual-sided lamination, the user chooses between one- or two-material lamination.
One-material lamination coats the front and back of your card in the same material, while two-material lamination enables you to use different laminates for the front and back. Two-material lamination is ideal for those who want to use a holographic foil laminate on the front of their cards but a plain material on the back.
HID® made a number of enhancements to the DTC5500LMX that put it at the head of the class when it comes to PVC ID card printers. The DTC5500LMX is environmentally friendly, featuring wasteless laminate rolls and an energy-efficient design.
The printer also features an Ethernet port and an internal print server, enabling the Fargo DTC5500LMX to be used on a network for large print jobs. Perfect for creating all of those student ID cards!
Every model of the Fargo DTC5500LMX offers the following features:
- 300 dpi print resolution
- Standard dual-sided lamination
- Print speeds of up to 16 (full-color, single-sided card) and 24 (full-color front, black back, dual-sided card) seconds per card
- Edge-to-edge printing on CR80 (credit card-sized, 2.13” x 3.38”) cards
- Compatibility with Windows® 7, 8 and 10
- Three-year manufacturer's warranty on both the printer and the printhead
We offer several different models of the Fargo DTC550LMX. Choose the one that best meets your needs!
- FAR-056300 This base model offers one-material laminate, dual-sided printing and Ethernet connectivity for a simple, effective solution.
- FAR-056301 One-material laminate, dual-sided printing and a built-in ISO magnetic stripe encoder make this model perfect for organizations that use mag stripe cards for access or payments.
- FAR-056302 This model offers dual-sided printing, one-material lamination and an encoder for HID® proximity, iCLASS, MIFARE Classic® 1K, MIFARE DESFire® and contact smart cards. The encoders are: Omnikey CardMan® 5121, Omnikey CardMan® 5125 and a contact station.
- FAR-056303 Encode iCLASS SE, iCLASS, MIFARE Classic® 1K, MIFARE DESFire® and HID® proximity cards using this model's built-in Omnikey CardMan® 5127 encoder. Also includes one-material lamination.
- FAR-056304 This model offers an Omnikey CardMan® 5121 encoder, an Omnikey CardMan® 5125 encoder and a contact station for HID® proximity cards, iCLASS cards, MIFARE Classic® 1K cards and MIFARE DESFire® cards. It also offers one-material lamination and a locking card enclosure for added security.
- FAR-056305 This base model offers two-material laminate, dual-sided printing and Ethernet connectivit