Composite PVC/PET durability with a barcode mask for increased bar code security.
Having a bar code on an ID credential can add a number of features, taking what was a plain ID card and turning it into a credential that can be scanned for access, payments, attendance and more.
The best part? Because they don't contain internal technology, bar code ID cards are much cheaper than their technology-laden smart or proximity card counterparts.
However, bar code cards can also be vulnerable to counterfeiting: if a thief gets ahold of a bar code card, he or she can simply use a copy machine to make an exact duplicate of the bar code and use it as he or she pleases.
The carbonless black bar on this ID credential serves as a barcode mask to prevent counterfeiting or duplicating. The barcode remains "scannable" by an infrared bar code reader. To a copy machine, it looks like a solid black bar; to an infrared bar code scanner, the bar code is clearly visible.
- These cards are CR80/credit card-sized cards, measuring 2.13" x 3.38"
- The carbonless black bar measures 0.63" x 3.13", leaving you with plenty of print space
- Composite 60% PVC/40% PET cards are more durable and more resistant to heat than PVC cards, making these perfect for heavy lamination.
- Composite cards also stand up to extreme temperatures better than PVC — perfect for outdoor use
- Customizable using a standard card printer
- Cards ship in shrink-wrapped packages of 100 cards